Friends, this week (february 9 – 15) is National Random Acts of Kindness week. You can learn all about it by clicking here. I knew I wanted to take part in this somehow when I first found out about the holiday. However, a week doesn’t give me enough time to do exactly what I want to do so we’ll sort of be celebrating and encouraging random acts of kindness the entire month of February! Maybe we can all get super excited about it and continue living everyday by that encouragement! It’s hard, sometimes we just wake up grumpy (trust me I know). But even one small simple act of a kindness a day can change someone’s entire week! And you’ll feel good about it as well.
So, after a couple hours of brainstorming and small epiphanies, we decided it would be most beneficial to not just promote the kindness, but really truly help people act that way in the simplest way possible. Sending a postcard to someone. We handlettered and printed 100 mailable postcards, and it is our goal to send them all out by the end of February! Will you help?
How exactly is this going to work?
Option 01 // You send us the details, and we’ll send the postcard.
Fill out this short form. We’ll handwrite and send postcards to whomever you would like! Be sure to enter their name, address and a short message. Also include your name if you would like them to know who the postcard is from, or leave it anonymous! Please note that the information you provide will not be used in any other way, we will not send them mailings or other promotional items. This is strictly for the random acts of kindness postcard. Also note that by entering your email address, you will be added to our mailing list, where we occasionally let you know about promotions and fun stuff happening around The Simple Cup!
Option 02 // We’ll send you a pack of postcards and you can share or send them!
You can find the postcards in packs of 6 on The Simple Cup shop. They are free, we just ask that you send us $2 to cover the shipping & handling! This way you can write, draw, mail or give the postcards to friends, family and coworkers.
Other Notes //
- Again, the information you leave with us will not be used in any other way.
- We will send postcards to as many people as you would like! You’ll have to submit a new form each time however.
- The postcards are standard mailable postcard size, and printed on a matte recycled paper. They say “You’re Awesome” on the front, and “A random act of kindness can change someone’s entire day” in small type on the back.
- The postcards do not have any Simple Cup branding, website URL, etc., on them whatsoever so they remain anonymous from our brand. We are not trying to promote ourselves by doing this, we are simply trying to promote kindness!
- This is a completely free “service”, of sorts. We will be fronting or have fronted the cost of printing, postage, writing utensils and anything else that may be involved! There is a small $2 fee if you would like a pack of postcards sent to you.
- The only thing we ask of you is that you share this with your friends! We have 100 postcards to send out, and need your help getting them sent out.
Let’s be kind together! :) If you or someone you know receive a postcard, we’d love to know about it! Share with us a photo or leave a comment below or on facebook.