I’m a huge advocator of list-making. That’s why every desk I sit at has about 500 papers spread sporadically in drawers, under coffee cups and folded in mysterious ways. I love writing things down and I will do it on whatever is present at the moment.
I’ll disclose that this is a purely personal opinion but just let me just tell you why I think it’s a good idea to make lists…for everything & anything.
- It’s a friendly reminder.
- It’s a motivator to actually get up and do what’s on the list.
- It’s a simple way of holding yourself accountable.
- It feels good to cross things off your lists.
- It’s free – I also believe in using recycled paper.
- It’s relaxing – to take a minute and breath.
- It’s helping us remember how to actually write and not just type.
- It’s fun – change handwriting styles and doodle while your doing it.
Like I said, I make lists for everything… groceries, projects, to-do’s, to-don’ts, how-to’s, things I like, things I dislike, movies I need to see, places I dream to go. Those bigger lists with items you feel are seemingly impossible? Those are the best. The day I get to check off “Travel to Europe with My Best Friend” is going to be one of the best days of my life. Did I mention… bucket lists?
There are so many places to make lists! My favorite place…. taking a bunch of scrap paper, ripping & folding the scraps into pages and then after I’ve filled a bunch, bind them together to create a list book! It’s a bit nerdy, but will be a blast to look back on in 10 years. My other favorite place to make lists is just on good old fashioned list pads. Rifle Paper Co. has some of the cutest.
How do you feel about list making?