We’re celebrating our dear planet today. Did you know you can recycle coffee grounds a number of different ways? I typically use them as a garden fertilizer or for skin exfoliation, but there are a ton of different things you can do to keep them out of the trash. Here are a couple of my favorite tried (and new that I’m going to try!) ways to recycle coffee grounds.
- Fertilizer // mix your grounds with dry leaves or dead grass to neutralize acidity.
- Absorb Odors // much like baking soda, place in fridge or freezer.
- Abrasive // use to scrub away food and grime on countertops, won’t damage surfaces.
- Golden Dye // how fun! use to dye cloth or eggs at Easter, creates a nice golden color.
- Homemade Items // candles or caffeinated soaps (your skin will absorb the caffeine!).
- Exfoliate // great for your body or face, organic and full of antioxidants to promote healthy skin.
- Repellent // use around your plants and home to stop ants, also works to keep away cats.
Do you have any coffee recycling tips and tricks? I would love to hear them!